Monday, May 19, 2008

What??? There's no movie theatre in this town??

Yep.  You read it right.  This town ain't got no flix house.  Not even a DVD bong...  To watch any movie outside of your home (or someone else's), you have to travel about 20 minutes to the nearest city center area.  And.. get this madness: you can't even play Korean DVDs on your computer or you will permenately lock your computer's DVD settings to Korean formatting!  WTF mate??  Dang copywrite infringement protection crap.  Now I'm going to have to buy a DVD player if i want to rent or buy movies here and watch them at home.  Can I live without movies???  hmm... lets explore this further...

What is there to do here if you can't watch movies?  Well.. there's the trampolines.  Julia and I are dying to get on them and give them a good hard bouncing, but we're not sure if they are "only for kids" or not.  Be assured, we'll be using them too - i mean, we are all just kids at heart anyway, right? - it'll just be funny if we get chased off of them every time.



The other option is video games, as they are everywhere...  but how long will i be able to crouch up against those tiny game consoles...??


Finally, there's cooking and/or eating.  Do I even need to go into this?  We all know that i'm going to have to cook occasionally anyway if I want to stay alive (this is on days that Julia leaves me to fend for myself of course)...  and the idea of handling some of those narly fish and sealife species I've never heard of before scares the living daylights out of me.  And eating... well, same answer.  Besides, if i spend all my time eating, that could be bad.  Cause if this country has anything in abundance - its ice cream.  yeah baby.


So, yes, there is always reading, writing, working on thesis, etc.  And I am talking about home-ish activities of course... cheap entertainment type stuff.  Sure there's camping/hiking, traveling, visiting historic places, etc... but what do i do on those nights that my brain has hit children-overload and i need to veg out without thinking and be somewhat entertained???  what i ask you!?  

yeah yeah.. but even writing blogs takes some intellectual effort you know!



1 comment:

tulip said...

bouncing is good for you! and I'll tell you all about sex in the city after I see it. HAHAHAHAHA just kidding that was kinda mean. I swear I would die with no movies. Sorry.